Design research

Posters

From conducting my secondary research, I'm able to find the ratio sizes of the different formats for my posters.
[7] I used websites online to find the ratios.
For a bus stop poster, the size should be 40” x 60”

For other billboards, the sizes are displayed below.


I will apply these ratios to my designs of the posters during the making of the posters and I will design the layout based on what the size and format is. For example if I make a poster for a billboard, the image of the person(s) will be placed on the left or right of the page. However, when I make one for a bus shelter the person(s) will be placed in the centre.


Analysis of poster


There are four ladies of different ethnic backgrounds. We can tell that the first is white, but it is unclear of exactly which region of Europe. The second lady looks South Asian, the third lady looks like she is Oriental Asian. Finally, the lady to the far right looks like she is of North African. This shows a good representation of women to the demographic. It is evident that the issue that the organisation is bringing awareness to, affects women, because they have used women as their models. They have given a great deal of thought to their choice of the women and they've made good choices, because they all express emotion through their eyes. 














































Below are examples of posters that our teacher Annette brought to our class.


I want to make my posters similar by placing the text in quotations below the image as shown above. This poster has also inspired me to take a close up/medium shot of a person to show their emotion.

The poster on the right has a circle with text written inside. I want to incorporate that into my design by adding it to my posters and placing a fact or/and figure in the circle. I also like the banner at the bottom of the page 

Mine will look similar to the above for the billboards.
body position and close up of sad.
Slouched on sofa for mid shot
high angle to show sad

I noticed that most of the images above, especially the first one, have a close up of the people in the them to portray their emotion. Therefore, I will do that for my posters to show emotion. I could do this by having the model convey their emotion through facial expression. The person could look disappointed and/or sad.
The model can also show their emotion through their body language. For example, they could be slouched on a sofa portraying a sense of unfulfillment. I would use a mid shot.
For the angles, I would use a high angle to show that the person (model) is sad.


Posters' colour template 


Bright and feminine colours 


I have been inspired by two artists for my posters. 
The following are the names of the artists:  Julian Opie and Andy Warhol.

Slogan ideas 

"Black, female, qualified, but unemployed"
"Being a black female shouldn't define my employability" 
"qualified black female but unemployed "


Comments

Popular Posts